Top Vendor for
and Enterprise Reporting
arcplan in The BI Survey 2013
The BI Survey 13 Confirms arcplan as Top Vendor & Leading Third Party Front-End
The BI Survey 13, the world's largest independent study of BI users commissioned by BARC (Business Appplication Research Center), confirms arcplan as top provider for Performance Management and Enterprise Reporting solutions, and the leading BI front-end for organizations with heterogenous IT landscapes. This is especially true for SAP, Oracle and IBM infrastructures.
Excellent Front-End Expertise
The BI Survey has been conducted for more than a decade, and arcplan has always managed to score the best results among OLAP tools. For the ninth time in a row, arcplan emerged as the #1 third-party front-end to SAP BW. We offer seamless access not only to this database but also to the newer in-memory solution SAP HANA.
arcplan is also the favorite product among Oracle Essbase users: 37% named arcplan their preferred BI and CPM frontend solution. Customers who use arcplan to analyze Essbase data include Deutsche Telekom, IMAX, Sodexo, Southwest Airlines, Wegmans, and Turner Broadcasting.
For the fourth time running, IBM Cognos TM1 users preferred front-end alternatives from arcplan.
More Top Rankings
Among the top vendors for Performance Management and Enterprise Reporting arcplan took the top spot for a set of prestigious categories. arcplan's #1 rankings include:
- Mobile BI: arcplan secured the top spot for Mobile BI in the Performance Management peer group. BARC noted that arcplan has consistently placed its development focus on mobile use and making it possible for users to have device-independent access to their BI content. The new release, arcplan 8, scores points for its unique design concept called Design Once, Run Anywhere (DORA). DORA utilizes Responsive Design, enabling application designers to quickly and cost-effectively develop reporting and planning solutions that are easily portable from desktops to all smartphones and tablets.
- Investment: arcplan customers benefit from competitive license and implementation costs. Such advantages had a noticeable impact on the ratings: in the Investment category, arcplan was able to surpass competitors including MicroStrategy, Board and Tableau.
- Self-Service: The top rating in this category is confirmation of arcplan's persistent efforts to provide users with a high degree of self-service. The demand for more flexible and user-friendly reporting was met with investments in a dedicated self-service analysis tool, arcplan Spotlight, and continued developments in arcplan Excel Analytics and arcplan Engage.
- Business Achievement: arcplan emerged as the top provider in terms of Business Achievement in both the Enterprise Reporting and the Performance Management peer groups, meaning it helps customers achieve their business goals and objectives better than other vendors. This is attributable to arcplan's flexibility in allowing customers to create BI applications that meet all users’ requirements without compromise.
- Competitive Win Rate: arcplan's outstanding ranking in this category is, according to BARC, a result of the platform's flexibility to adapt to different requirements in competitive situations and its ability to translate business requirements into solid applications. Even for large-scale projects where companies usually select bigger providers, arcplan consistently wins deals due to its multifaceted product functionality.
- Customer satisfaction: Over the past 20 years, arcplan has established itself in the market as a secure investment and a reliable BI provider with a wealth of experience, a mature product line, comprehensive industry knowledge and a global network of partners. These advantages are reflected in the #1 ranking for Customer Satisfaction.
The BI Survey 13 is published by the Business Application Research Centers (BARC) and analyses the answers of about 3,000 customers globally. More details about the study can be found at www.bi-survey.com.
Download the full results analysis here or a brief overview PDF to share with your colleagues.